farse_sm.jpg EneryVIII.jpg

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Spare him his life from his pork sau-sa-geees

Families can be cruel.

So this is, what, season six of The Sopranos? Seven? There's been a lot of them, anyhow, over just as many years.

So I'm in the kitchen Sunday night, making Belovèd some hot chocolate, singing along to the theme song. And I finally asked, after all those years, "What the hell is a 'Boom Boom' anyway?" And why would you get one in your eye?

LENNY:
My eye! I'm not s'pposed to get boom boom in it!


As I said: merciless.

Almost on a par with the recent realization, after seven years, that those schoolyard monitors the kids were always bitching about were not called "Yard Doodies" after all.

As I'm always telling them: I like my version better.

HUMILIATION UPDATE: my wife did come up with an answer for me, day after. Apparently, when she was a very little girl, her grandma would ask her "You do? Is it a 'boom-boom' you need, or just a tinkle?"

3 Comments:

Blogger DarkoV said...

So, which beverage sponsors your best deep thinking?
Hot Chocolate?
Hot Coffee?
Iced Coffee?
A Nip from what I imagine to be a large gathering of the Single Malt Society?

Hot Chocolate always makes me gaze out into our small backyard and see a blanket of snow on all of our attempts at horticulture. Give me a soothing need to lay out on the sofa.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Xenoverse said...

Cup o' tea and a smoke: the latter being the most conducive to calm thinking. Or furious thinking. Any kind of thinking, really, bar useful.

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

runescape money runescape gold runescape money runescape gold wow power leveling wow powerleveling Warcraft Power Leveling Warcraft PowerLeveling buy runescape gold buy runescape money runescape items runescape gold runescape accounts runescape gp dofus kamas buy dofus kamas Guild Wars Gold buy Guild Wars Gold runescape accounts buy runescape accounts runescape lotro gold buy lotro gold lotro gold buy lotro gold lotro gold buy lotro gold lotro gold buy lotro gold runescape money runescape power leveling runescape money runescape gold dofus kamas cheap runescape money cheap runescape gold Hellgate Palladium Hellgate London Palladium Hellgate money Tabula Rasa gold tabula rasa money lotro gold
buy lotro gold Tabula Rasa Credit
Tabula Rasa Credits

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home