farse_sm.jpg EneryVIII.jpg

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Internet Down

"<chhhhhh!> ... <chhhhhhhhhh> ... Septic calling... <chhhhh> ... Septic calling... <chhhhhhhh> Don't... think... I'm going to make it... <chhhhhhh!> ... Say goodbye ... <chhhhh!>...aphne for me? <chhhhhhh!>..."

The internet is down; the internet is down: the internets are up, but mine is down. First I was dispossessed of my e-mail accounts - taken away in error by my DSL provider, who told my e-mail provider that I didn't want an account any more; now it is my entire internet connection. I still have DSL, but that leads, like the road of life, to nowhere.

This was all supposed to have been fixed yesterday: but it appears my provider is an adherent of the Fixit-Fuxit method in which a fix of one thing fuxit everywhere else.

Whatevs. There'll be no pictures out of this blog until it all gets sorted. Sorry.

The Mgt.


UPDATE: I lu-uv the IMDB!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The internet never works when it's raining outside

12:41 PM  
Blogger Whisky Prajer said...

Looks like you and "FlossieD" in Texas have something in common? Forget pictures - see if you can't stream some Septic footage for us unenlightened types.

3:41 AM  
Blogger Xenoverse said...

Aah - poor "Septic", the oft-times hapless hero fighter pilot of "Angels One Five", who Buys It in the end, cracking his Stiff Upper Lip over a crackling wireless as, wounded and aircraft shot to blazes, he finally succumbs.

He wasn't the actual hero, I vaguely recall - but for the first quarter or half of the movie it seems so, for he is its central character at that point? Long, long time since I've watched it, but his final words became a euphemism, amongst my pals, for going down in flames.

It had nothing to do with screw-ups by my DSL provider, in the end: or at least, that wasn't the whole story by a long chalk. My denial of service had so much more to do with an idiot child and a 3-hour, $500 phone call he placed to England on his return from vacation there earlier this year. Just took the phone up to his room and blabbed away to everyone, it seems, but us.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Whisky Prajer said...

The fastest way to break a parent's heart is through the pocket book - the slowest, most painful way, too.

Say, is that a Canadian poppy you sport? Looks suspiciously like the kind harvested from the poly-styrene sheets in Flanders' Field.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Xenoverse said...

Don't think so - I took it from the Royal British Legion, as linked. Everyone in Britain buys a poppy this time of year.

But what if it was? The symbol is the same - as were the wars.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home