farse_sm.jpg EneryVIII.jpg

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Fitzmas Comes Early

N-GazerSm.jpg
EW WORD FOR TODAY: pajamajadeen - although I think it would be better writ pajamahadeen? It's probably old hat to you lot, you cosmopolitan devils, but I've been busy and keeping my nose clean of distracting blogs lately. Not that I ever read Kos anyway, just arrived there via Memeorandum tonight and thought I'd get into the spirit.

Although I do love it when the old "Give 'em enough rope" addage comes true, it's very rare that it does; more often than not they make a lasso with the rope, not a noose.

One can always hope, though, to brighten the cloudy days.

Rumors are running raj today: Cheney will resign, Condi will become VP. Memories of 1974 (was it?) rekindled and a hapless Gerald Ford, of whom GK Galbraith once said "he can not fart and chew gum at the same time." Expect in the next couple of days - the days before Fitzmas draws down to disappoint us all - expect to read the words "Bush" and "resign" in the same clause of the same sentence somewhere widely read; and of welcoming America's first black and first woman president.

Old Mother Bearded has gazed into her misty tea-cup of the future, and has spoken.

Honi soit qui mal y pense.

5 Comments:

Blogger Whisky Prajer said...

As usual, you provoke bitter laughter from my lungs.

4:36 AM  
Blogger DarkoV said...

....and that bitter laughter comes from being too close to smoker's fug ( http://whiskyprajer.blogspot.com/2005/10/smokers-fug.html ).

5:17 AM  
Blogger DarkoV said...

Are you going with "Shame on him who thinks this evil", or the harsher curse of "Evil to him who thinks evil" ?

Just want to know if I should bow my head in shame or roar with a bileish laugh with evil.

5:22 AM  
Blogger Cowtown Pattie said...

The gaseous expulsion coming from DC way just goes to prove you don't hafta be a Donkey to be a jackass...

7:20 AM  
Blogger Xenoverse said...

"Evil to him who evil thinks" is the meaning I was taught, although my french never extended to the word "Honi", so I've no idea what that really translates as?

But isn't this so much fun to watch? Like an exponential explosion of rumor and gossip and repressed schadenfreude.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home