farse_sm.jpg EneryVIII.jpg

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Too Long Gone...

Judging by my miserable score in answering this British immigrant's test, it would appear that the Auld Country would no longer take me back, even if I wanted to return.

I scored a pawky eight out of twenty-four, barely qualifying for a seat in a town council. Now I am truly an exile - a stateless transient denied by one, not yet accepted by the other. Sniff!

Working from work today, and not from home. I should also complain that Blogger has been eating posts all week - the "Save as Draft" button doesn't: it's "Publish Post" or be damned. For those of you without Blogger accounts of your own, I should explain that Blogger The Tool lets you write and edit your posts, then either save them, in which case only you the author can read them, or publish them, in which case everyone else can. Gotta run - meeting.


[Thanks to Harry's Place for tip]

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also got 8 out of ...it's only 15 questions on the BBC site, not the whole 24. I think some of them are trick questions becasue you really need to read the book before taking the test.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Xenoverse said...

Aah - you're right. I think perhaps one is supposed to choose whichever option sounds most wishy-washy caring liberal, rather than what one might otherwise think correct? That would be the manner in which New Labour manifests of all flavor are written.

Had it been the Tories that wrote the test, first question would be "England or Australia?". It would be presumed you knew the reference.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the reference cricket?

11:23 AM  
Blogger Xenoverse said...

It is, but it is also a little more than that... if you read through this there's an explanation. The Tebbit Test made everyone laugh at the time... Tebbit being Thatcher's "enforcer".

11:31 AM  
Blogger DarkoV said...

A 6. I see my name on the deportaion list already. That "PG" question was a rube. Isn't "PG Tips" one of the most popular teas over there? Isn't it just called PG?

11:48 AM  
Blogger Xenoverse said...

Blimey - now you've gone and done it. "PG Tips" and chimpanzees, go together like deep-fried fish and mushy peas.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Whisky Prajer said...

Hey, I got 8 too! Does this qualify me for Scottish citizenship?

4:11 AM  
Blogger Xenoverse said...

For scottish citizenship all you are obliged to do is fail the Tebbit Test. Much was made of this at the time, because of course anyone with the tiniest 1/1024th piece of scottish, irish, or welsh blood in them will answer "anyone but England." to that question.

Even if they're playing the french or the argies.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home