farse_sm.jpg EneryVIII.jpg

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Must see?

I'm so lucky that today is Sunday, so I know that only one of you has read the original version of this post. That means I can re-write it and only that one person will know, but it was he that made me do it. It is indeed one thing to be a whiner who complains that "nobody will play with me" almost to the point of threatening to take his ball home with him, but it is quite another to be the kind of idiot that can't read the rules of a blogpoll properly. I refer you to my portrait, top left. What did you expect me to do?

In any event, back to business: the mighty Norm, whose blog I enjoy every day - even on sundays while you lot are still in bed - and to which I link like a stalker, Norm is requesting participation in his Favorite Movie Star poll. Here, then, is my revised list of TEN and TEN ONLY, mixed of male and female movie stars whose very presence in a movie is guaranteed to make me want to see it, while no guarantee that I will:

Now. My original post produced two lists, slightly different it transpires, based on a misreading of the rules., which I include below for completeness and discussion, and also in the hope that you clicky this Charles Durning link, and maybe learn something remarkable about Pappy O'Daniels that I certainly hadn't known until today:

LATER: Damn! I totally forgot Samuel L. Jackson, who ought to be at Number 5. See? That's what happens with these dagnabbed polls - your real answers turn up late. Expect further updates.

You see? They're different. Time has passed - a couple of hours - and already my lists have changed, which illustrates my primary difficulty with "Top Ten" lists: I'm an absent-minded forgetful old Hector whose mind and memory are in constant flux. I have no doubt that if I came to this question freshly tomorrow morning, my resultant list would be radically different? Except for Uma: she'll still be there. And Famke.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where is christopher walken? ;)

3:33 AM  
Blogger Xenoverse said...

Dangit. I love Christopher Walken. He certainly qualifies.

8:12 AM  
Blogger -jkg said...

i would include jeffery wright [sp?]. but you never can tell can you? even the best actors partake in some stinking flicks.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Xenoverse said...

Don Cheadle has never disappointed - not even his phoney cockney accent in Oceans Eleven. Though I can't bring myself to watch Hotel Rwanda: that kind of thing needs documentaries, and I've seen some very powerful ones.

SLJ is my kids favorite. All five of them. They must have watched Pulp Fiction a zillion times, and they even forgave him for Star Wars.

But you're right -jkg about choices: Michael Caine, who I grew up watching and impersonating (along with Sean Connery, of courshe), has picked some truly abysmal movies.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home