farse_sm.jpg EneryVIII.jpg

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Le Despair des Étrangers

I answered the questions twice, and both times came up with the same result. I guess this proves I never really knew what an Existentialist was, for I never quite saw myself as being one?

Oh dearie me - the Shame, the Shame - to be one with the frenchies? Or am I not supposed to feel shame any more, since none of that matters, apparently?

You scored as Existentialist. Existentialism emphasizes human capability. There is no greater power interfering with life and thus it is up to us to make things happen. Sometimes considered a negative and depressing world view, your optimism towards human accomplishment is immense. Mankind is condemned to be free and must accept the responsibility.

Existentialist


100%

Cultural Creative


88%

Materialist


81%

Idealist


69%

Modernist


50%

Romanticist


44%

Postmodernist


31%

Fundamentalist



19%

What is Your World View? (corrected...again)
created with QuizFarm.com

[HatTips to The Misspent Life and to DarkoV]

And so, to try to cheer me up, and in the manner of compulsives everywhere, follow the DarkOne all the way down the secret cave...

You scored as Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Congratulations! You are obsessive-compulsive! You know nothing curbs images of mutilating your mother like a good counting/checking/washing ritual... wait, DID you forget to turn off the stove???

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder


58%

Unipolar Depression


50%

Antisocial Personality Disorder


33%

Borderline Personality Disorder


0%

Eating Disorders


0%

Schizophrenia


0%

Which mental disorder do you have?
created with QuizFarm.com

I don't get it. The questions in that last one were plain stupid, but the answer is correct. Compulsive? Absolutely, but in stupid trivial ways that annoy the hell out of my belovèd. Witnessed, indeed, by the sharper amongst you that hang about my every word and click to Here whenever you sense a new post? I publish each post over and over again, noticing, correcting, tweaking punctuation and whatnot? It is eating me right now, f'rinstance, that I cannot get that "Fundamentalist" lined-up with it's "19%". Curse Blogger, mildly, that there is no "fold" to hide the tables under? It just never ends.

Let us not forget either - although that may be oxymoronic - the reply we received from this site, and this test:


*** ADULT-ADD ASSESSMENT ***

Subject: Bearded, F.C

Happily, medical science is advancing rapidly.
Come back then.


Feching frenchie indeed? Huff.

6 Comments:

Blogger DarkoV said...

100% !!!!
Unbelievable. I don't think Camus or Sartre would have scored 100% on the Existentialism scale. The former had too much of the affection for racy cars, the latter had too much of the affection for...himself. This test is completley bollocks (if you allow me to use such terminology). You're involved in programming, right? How can one be a 100% Existentialist programmer? Unless, of course, each program is supposed to be doomed?

12:06 PM  
Blogger Xenoverse said...

I don't know! I don't know!

And, apparently, I don't care!

But it happened twice, so it must be true.
I like racy cars. I like me. Honest!

I was sooo expecting Romantic Pragmatacist or somesuch. But now? Ze Life: she has no meaning.

12:47 PM  
Blogger DarkoV said...

That ADD thing? A friend of mine who specializes in the treatment of Adult ADD passes this on, as a simple self-test.
1) How many times have you willingly moved (i.e., not becasue of your parents)?
2) Have you crossed a national border in your move(s)?
3) Do you use extreme force in extricating (for yourself) the tv remote from a family member's hands?

According to him, if the answers are:
1) More than 3 times
AND
2) Yes
AND
3) Yes.
...go to your nearest drug dispensary and get ye some Concerta or Ritalin. Please note that he gave me a very very long look as he gave me this self-test.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Xenoverse said...

Well, a long look to you, at least.

All I can add is that, while not in actual possession of the zinger, my leg twitches worse than those of any scurvy knave at Highgate.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sartre: "Hell is other people's memes" ;-)

1:34 PM  
Blogger -jkg said...

im an existentialist with an eating disorder. i get hungry and i sit down to eat but end up pushing the food around my plate, i drink my wine instead, its all the same anyway.

haha. "Does the idea of stuffing a cat with lighted firecrackers sound like fun?"

i have a feeling im gonna take a lot of those stupid quizzes when im bored. thanks for the link.

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home