farse_sm.jpg EneryVIII.jpg

Friday, May 27, 2005

Always Judge A Book By It's Cover

I always judge a book by it's cover: or at least, I always intend to do so, but sometimes skip over the remainder of the blurb if it scores with an early hit?

Idiot.

I usually give a book fifty pages to engage me - generous I think you'll agree, given my limited attention span? Anyway. Sat on the cold wooden "comfiest chair" very late last night, and decided the book I was reading was.. well, let us just say that it had found for itself appropriate accomodation within our household? What had gone wrong?

I read the backspiece blurb again, but this time in it's entirety. Aah. If only I'd read it more fully before I'd have known, the instant I saw the word soupçon, to drop the book calmly to the floor, neither looking to the left nor to the right, and walk purposefully away in the manner of Michael Corleone.

I'd never ever deliberately read any book with a frisson of frisson or a soupçon of soupçon appearing anywhere on its cover. Never.

Some people exist in this life to serve as an example to others. Take heed, reader.

3 Comments:

Blogger DarkoV said...

Don't be so hasty. If the backcover had an adjective, say like "f***ing" in front of the frisson, well, that would sond like a very entertaining read.
..though I've never seen "f***ing" on a backover.
Forget it. Toss it low, kick it high.

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I often make the mistake of solely believing what critics say about a book before I purchase it. This is a very bad habit, and the harder I try to break it, the more pleased I am with the results.

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Amarillo Radon Mitigation said...

Great reeading

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home