farse_sm.jpg EneryVIII.jpg

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I will...

I will write soon, I will, I will.
I promise you I will?
But in the never-ending crisis
That is Work, my work,
A crunch-time rush-time panic-time
Scream that has ran for twenty-odd years
Is rattling and shivering the timbers
Of my skull and I am sick of it
To death of it;
I'm forty-bloody-two but Still
The thump and whump of bone on taut-fit skin
Hits harder faster quicker louder
While the lollipuddled fat man squatting in the aisle,
Fat and sweaty and slimey with grease,
Hars and cackles through rucketed teeth:
Ramming Speed! Ramming Speed! Ramming Speed Ho!
Ramming Speed! Ramming Speed! Ramming Speed HO!

I will write soon I promise you I will:
I have something in the oven even now?
One line an hour it creeps,
But a hundred more written in code,
Jamming Speed! Jamming Speed! Jamming Speed Ho!



3 Comments:

Blogger DarkoV said...

Are you absolutely sure that you don't like jazz? Your little bee-bop session here is quite reminiscent of the hipster cool daddio late 1950's. Cig dangling from finely chiseled teeth, hat (and arms) akimbo, skoot-sliding on the pavement.

Beat me daddy, four/eight to the bar.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Xenoverse said...

Be-Bop! BE-BOP! - the very worst kind! The mark of ruination on Tom & Jerry and Roadrunner and other cartoons?

I shall never write again.

7:33 AM  
Blogger DarkoV said...

"Bee-Bop". That extra "e" adds a sting to the genre. Is "Be-Bop" the correct spelling? Absolutely! I just thought inserting an extra vowel would act as an emollient. You know, soften up the wall between you and the living music that is jazz.

If only Spongebob Square Pants had a little Lee Morgan or Cedar Walton in the background... It'd be the perfect show.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home