farse_sm.jpg EneryVIII.jpg

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Apologies

I'm sorry - I don't know when I'll be able to post next? I'm afraid I'm not some tenured law professor who can afford to spend his days cruisin' the internets and leaving fly-speckle links on his blog all the time: I'm a working stiff, like most of you? I'm so busy right now that I can't allow the distraction of browsing my favorite sites, let alone of writing something new of my own. I don't even have a filler link for you today.

I'll be back when I'm back: most likely when the pressure gasket blows and I need to think about something else up front, so that the back of my mind - the working part - can untie my coding knots on its own?

But I suppose now that I'm here, and now that it's almost five o'clock (as if that meant anything) after a gruesome night that ended at eight this morning and began again at twelve, perhaps I have time for two quick suggestions?

God forgive that I should dare step back in time and revisit earlier posts - Not on a blog, for Goodness sakes! It can't be done! It mustn't! - but that's exactly what I'm going to do, because I haven't had time to find anything new yada-yada-yada...

  1. Six Degrees of Blogximity - we decided the whole "Six Degrees" thing was a misnomer because the purpose in this case is to visit new places, not to try to connect two bloggers together. So here is a variation you can try: beginning at a blog of your choice, follow a blogroll chain - from blogroll One through blogroll Two, Three, and so on - and see how deep you can travel without hitting a blogroll link to Instapundit or Kos?
  2. Blogoroscopes - cast your mind back to the Reverse Astrologizer - a gimmick that guesses your star sign from the answers you give to some questions? I wrote at the time that, if it works and can correctly guess your star sign, it is basing its conclusion on faulty data - namely, what you think of yourself. Thus if you think you're great, like me, then you end up a Libra. Ta-da!

    The fun thing to do, then, is answer the questions on behalf of somebody else, and see what turns up? Pick a blogger - you read their sites all the time and form a picture of them in your mind. See if you're right!

That's more than enough exclamation points for one post. I would ask you all to leave the results of your travels in comments, but instead I must officially discourage you from doing so. Do not leave comments. Asking for comments is asking for trouble - there are few enough of you that visit here as it is, and fewer still who ever leave me notes. If I were to ask you to leave comments, but none of you did, well - that would just make me look bad.

'Later.