farse_sm.jpg EneryVIII.jpg

Monday, December 06, 2004

Brrrr.

Quiz for southern Californians from LA Blogs, via TP, 111:


1. Do you own a winter jacket?
No: but I do own a jacket I brought from Scotland. Keeps the chill out, but with none of that poncy Michelin Man padding you all like to wear when it gets cloudy round here.

2. Do you like the winter mountain sports? Skiing, boarding, sledding, snowshoe, etc...
No, but I like the snow, and arse-sledding.

3. Big Bear, Mammoth or other?
Mammoth. Except for the bored Highway Patrol who haunt the long empty road that takes you there.

4. Favorite hot drink?
Irish coffee. With cream from a carton, not a spray-can.

5. Heater setting?
66o

6. At night, more blankets, more pajamas, more heater are all of the above?
No, not me: but my wife keeps the heater running. I like jumping into a freezing cold bed and warming up.

7. Do you go out and enjoy the cold or bundle up and stay inside?
Hell no. Stay in, where it's warm.

8. Cold temps. Stay for a while or bring back the 70s?
70s, 80s, 90s - any one will do.
For the first couple of years me and my pals were all "Hah! Call this cold? Youse don't know cold until the North Sea has gently kissed your goolies!" In those days I could stand outside in the chill wind and pishing rain, smokin' in shorts and a wife-beater. But cold is relative. Nowadays we're all, "Jings, but its freezin ma f*ckin tits off!", and wear sweaters and long pants and sometimes even socks.

Bunch of big girls' blouses. But grateful that we never ever have to face a dreich scottish summer again, let alone a winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home